This year’s Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit, which will be held just outside Washington, DC from June 8 to 11, has speaking sessions from 45 Gartner analysts on so many great topics that any individual attending will be hard pressed to soak it all in.
Following last year’s attendance, this event has become Gartner’s most popular in its summit series with another year of record attendance expected to top 3,000. Given that security is one of the top priorities within organizations and executives and board of directors are paying even more attention to their companies’ security strategies, it’s a no-brainer why this summit has become so popular. They are all seeking answers on how to better protect their mission-critical applications and infrastructure in the face of growing threats while enabling their internal organizations to use the cloud, SaaS and mobility in ways that are secure.
This year’s summit is organized around six themed tracks that address everything from application security and cloud security to building a risk and compliance program. For those who are specifically interested in how to move security controls closer to the data and users accessing the data and applications, the following sessions will be of interest to you:
Monday, June 8
- Art of Cloud Security: AWS Edition by Erik Heidt
- The Dark Side of Payment Card Security by Avivah Litan
- Assessing Cloud Service Providers: Getting Beyond the Checklists Erik T. Heidt
- User Authentication Vendors Are Not the Only User Authentication Vendors by Ant Allan
Tuesday, June 9
- Your Cloud Service Adoption Strategy Must Include Data Protection by Brian Lowans
- Secure Use of AWS and Azure: Comparison and Best Practices by Neil MacDonald
- Future-Proofing IAM by Ant Allan
- Security in the Cloud: Consider Different Risks and Opportunities by Ruggero Contu
Wednesday, June 10
- Crossfire: Debating Pervasive Data-at-Rest Encryption — Great Security or Grand Illusion? By Erik Heidt and Ramon Krikken
- Art of IaaS Cloud Encryption by Erik Heidt
- Successfully Selecting an IAM Vendor by Neil Wynne
Thursday, June 11
- Reduce the Risks and Implement Data Access Controls Now! By Brian Lowans
You may also be interested in attending our session, Exploring the Security of the IoT: Trust Comes First, presented at 1:35 p.m. in Theater C by David Etue, VP of Business Development, Gemalto – Identity & Data Protection. Learn how the Internet of Things (IoT) will play a role in your future and why all organizations in any industry leveraging IoT must plan for the new challenges that accompany it by enhancing their data security strategies.
Also, while you’re attending the Gartner Summit, stop by the Gemalto/SafeNet Booth, #244, where we’ll be talking about how to prepare for a breach by combining strong authentication, data encryption, and crypto management.
During the show, tweet to us via GemaltoSecurity and @Gemalto using #GartnerSEC. In the meantime, if you’re interested in learning more about IoT security, download our free ebook, Building a Trusted Foundation for the Internet of Things.