Last updated: 29 October 2018
Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, Black Friday, Cyber Monday amongst others are all fuelled by online credit card payments. Even traditional brick-and-mortar businesses accept card payments through point-of-sale devices, online or via applications on mobile devices. This trend is only going to grow as the world move towards a cashless society.
With the same motivation as criminals stealing cash, in the digital age cyber criminals are now stealing personal financial information from payment card transactions and payment processing systems.
Cyber criminals are now exploiting vulnerabilities in amongst other things:
• Point-of-sale devices
• Online shopping applications
• Paper based storage systems
• Wireless hotspots
• Mobile devices
• The transmission of payment cardholder data to service providers
The PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) offers a set of standards and supporting materials to enhance credit card security. For retailers, financial institutions, payment processors, and a range of other organizations that store, process and/or transmit credit card data, and the service providers that enable their businesses, compliance with the relevant the PCI standards (e.g. PCI PTS, PCI DSS, PCI PIN, PCI P2PE, PCI 3DS) is critical to ensure the safe handling of credit card information at every step.
Gemalto and UL are leaders in helping customers to protect sensitive payment data. Together we will host a webinar on Thursday 29th November at 10am AEST that will discuss and provide helpful and practical information on:
• The overview of PCI standards and how they apply to businesses
• Encryption and key management requirements in PCI and how to comply
• With focus on PCI DSS, PCI PIN, PCI P2PE and PCI 3DS
• How to secure sensitive cardholder data & meet the critical challenges of complying with PCI standards
We look forward to “seeing” you at the webinar.
Don’t worry if you can’t make it to the live webinar; you can still watch the on-demand recording at a time suitable to you.