The 2016 RSA Conference is literally right around the corner. Here are just a few helpful tips so you can make the most of your time while you’re at the event.
- Download the RSA Conference app. It’s the easiest way to have everything you need about RSAC in the palm of your hand. Know the agenda, pick the keynotes and sessions you want to attend, and plan ahead.
- Get your comfy shoes on. Wear the most comfortable shoes you own, but make sure they have some style too. You’re going to be walking many miles over the course of three to four days.
- Get a portable mobile phone charger. You’ll be doing a lot of walking and you don’t want to fight with tens of thousands of attendees for outlets or get stuck at a vendors charging booth.
- Turn off your phone’s WiFi while at the conference. Once again this year, you will see dozens of spoof WiFi networks, and your phone will likely automatically connect to one of them. The best one last year was: “NSA_Van”.
- Plan for the Parties. There are dozens of evening parties every night during RSAC. Last year’s must attend party was thrown by Rapd7 and it looks like they will have the must attend party again in 2016. Here’s a good list of parties for you.
Also, while not necessarily crucial to your well-being, you’ll want to stop by the Gemalto booth, #4108, in North Hall. Here are some reasons why:
- Get a picture with the NEMA machine and enter our social media contest
- Learn about the data breach trends as reported by the Breach Level Index
- Watch our executives shave their heads to help raise money and awareness for St. Baldrick’s, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for childhood cancer
- Find out how we team with industry-leading technology partners to make sure you can protect your data in as many places as possible
- Get help developing a security strategy that properly integrates encryption, key management, and multi-factor authentication
Hope to see you at the conference! You can also check out all we have to share about the event on Twitter by following us @GemaltoSecurity.