Last updated: 08 September 2016
Let’s take a walk down memory lane. Remember when you used to save files to 5¼ inch floppy disks? How about making calls on a mobile phone the size of a brick?
And let’s definitely not forget the way you used to secure your company’s high value data. Back then, you were in control.
Employees could only access business applications on-premises through the network. It was simple for your team to manage the authentication of users, while keeping a watchful eye on who had access to company applications and information.
Keeping sensitive data secure at all levels of the technology stack was easier too. Everything was located in your on-premises data center and inside of the company’s protected perimeter.
Your team only had to worry about cyber criminals outside of the firewall. Times sure have changed, right?
The perimeter is officially dead. The cloud killed it.
Users access company applications and information anytime, anywhere, and on any device. And bad guys are already inside your firewall.
Consider the following. With your company’s data in their cloud…
- Can you trust it there?
- Will you lose control over sensitive corporate, employee, and customer information?
- Can you make sure the company compliance and regulatory requirements are met?
- How will you prevent unauthorized users, administrators and bad guys from accessing data?
- How will you keep data safe as it is migrated to, stored in, moving across, or even deleted from the cloud?
- Will government entities have access to data if the cloud service provider is subpoenaed?
As the old saying goes, the only thing that is constant is change. As much as we love to reminisce, old school technology just isn’t cool in the cloud.
It will leave sensitive data exposed, and that’s a big risk today for you, your company, and your customers and employees. It’s time to take a new approach to cloud security – one that puts you back in control.
Find out how here and stay tuned for more tips and information here on our blog.